Welcome to the latest Pet’s Corner by Pups of Carlton!
In this regular segment we feature local pets to promote our pet-friendly community, and offer local tips.
Kevin, the Mini Schnauzer and Maple the Groodle from @pupsofcarlton couldn’t be happier living in Carlton. Both pups are best friends and mischief makers.
We started the Instagram account @pupsofcarlton recently to share their local adventures, mischief and support local businesses, with a spotlight on pup-friendly adventure.
Below are our top five pup-friendly cafes in Carlton, for you and your pooch:
- Good Measure (and Counter Measure bar): We love the Japanese-themed ambience of this café. Good Measure recently revamped their courtyard to allow your pooch. Enter via the side lane, the courtyard has a house-like feel, relaxed vibe with a Japanese maple tree as a courtyard feature. A must-try is their signature drink, the Mont Blanc. They also make a fab Matcha latte.
- Shooter McGavins: We can’t walk past this café without the pups making a beeline to the counter for barista pats. Kevin and Maple are grateful they offer puppuccinos on their menu, and are now seasoned Melburnian coffee drinkers.
- Parco: We love this New York outdoor inspired café located next to Argyle Square. The kitchen, housed in an 1800s cottage, is the place to go for your morning egg-and-bacon bun. Pups particularly love facing the park and watching the world go by
- Fenton Farmhouse: We love the Fenton community ethos and farm-to-table menu. A must-try is their farmhouse breakfast and tahini brownie. Pups look forward to accepting pats from the joggers from the Tanaka running group, post their morning run.
- Snack Monster: A recent discovery located at the back of Jimmy Watson’s, this has to be a true hidden gem. The logo is designed after the owner’s pup, but we think the name embodies Kevin and Maple. Head down for a glass of vino and tapas inside or better still, on their rooftop on a warm summer’s night
Have we missed any pup-friendly local cafes? Please share them with us @pupsofcarlton – Michelle & Sean.
Want to feature in the next edition of Pet’s Corner? Email [email protected] •