Jazz in East Melbourne
As the end of 2023 approaches, we look forward to a special jazz night for locals on Monday December 18.
The Tippler Jazz Night
Join us for an unforgettable evening at The Tippler & Co, where cocktails, canapes, and community unite for a great cause. We’re dedicated to supporting our local neighbourhood, and this special event is all about bringing us together while raising funds for the East Melbourne Neighbour Network (EMNN). With the soulful melodies of jazz trio Judee’s Jeneration, two hours of delectable canapes and cocktails, it’s guaranteed to be an amazing night for all.
Monday, December 18 at 6pm. The Tippler & Co. Link to tickets here.
We are currently planning our program for 2024. Some of the activities include:
The East Melbourne Community Choir was established in early 2023 with the support of a grant from the City of Melbourne and has grown into a friendly, relaxed group of community members who love to sing together.
The choir sings an eclectic repertoire of music including musicals, pop, folk and classical in two-, three- and four-part harmony and is made up of both experienced singers and beginners; those who read music and those who don’t.
Musical director is Robyn Cooper-Bugg who provides a nurturing environment for members, as she draws on her vast professional experience in a variety of vocal and performing technical skills. Pianist, Andrea Chan is an experienced musician and a classically trained pianist.
We welcome new members for 2024. If you would like to be part of this community choir, please come along for a term and try it out at no cost. Please join us in 2024 and help bring our community together through the joy of singing.
- Rehearsals: Tuesday (during school term)
- Time: 7pm to 8.30pm each week
- Venue: Unitarian Church, 110 Grey St, East Melbourne.
- Fees: First term is FREE. Ongoing: $60 per term (fee assistance is available if required)
Health & wellbeing activities:
The 2024 Health and Wellbeing Program will commence in January. Stay fit and healthy all year round in with a range of activities including:
- Monday: Yoga, Chair Yoga and Stretching, Book Group
- Tuesday: Walking Group, Mindful Mat Pilates, Tai Chi, Book Group, Community Choir
- Wednesday: Postnatal Pilates
- Thursday: Pilates, Ukulele for Beginners
- Friday: Gentle Exercise, Mindful Mat Pilates, Social Morning Coffee •
For more information and registration contact: [email protected]